In this guide...
We'll show you how to use solar mode on your Project EV Charger.
Either watch the video or read our step by step instructions below.
Prefer written instructions? Use our step by step guide below if you need to.
- Download the Project EV App (App Store, Google Play Store).
- Create new account (complete the form).
- Scan the QR / barcode on the charger or Enter the serial number manually via the keyboard on your phone.
- Power down the charger at the supply.
- Power up the charger (After 90 seconds this will begin to transmit it’s own WIFI Hotspot for a further 90 seconds).
- Go to your phones WIFI settings and select the charger’s serial number displayed in your WIFI SSID available networks.
- Enter the default password of ‘12345678’.
- Once connected return to the Project EV App.
- Press the WIFI settings symbol (Top Right) to enter the Hotspot Connection Page.
- Ensure your serial number is displayed in the WIFI connected box on screen. Select ‘Connected, Next’.
- Parameter settings page will now load.
- Scroll down and find 'Enable power allocation charge'.
- Enable this mode and enter the default password which is 000000.
- Find 'solar mode' and choose from one of the following modes.
- Fast, will use 32 amps all day long. Eco will use 6 amps from the grid and the remaining from the solar. Eco+ will use solar only.
- Change the settings and press save.
- The charger will now reboot and apply the latest settings.
If you are still having trouble following our guide, then please get in touch by either starting a live chat with our team, submitting a ticket here or give us a call on 0800 599 9582. We'll be happy to help.