In this guide...
How to Commission a Project EV charger using the app:
Prefer written instructions? Use our step by step guide below if you need to.
- Download Project EV App from your App Store
- Create an Account
- Press + icon on top right corner of the page to Add charger
- Input Charger's serial number or scan QR code on the unit (these are located on the side of the charger). You should reveice a message saying "Executed Successfully"
- Return to the home screen and the Charger should appear in the list of chargers
- Click on the charger
- Click settings icon in the top-right of the screen
- Click "Initial Setup"
- If using an IOS device click "Go to the WLAN page to set up>". If using an Android device, leave the app and go to your phone's Wi-Fi settings page. Search available Wi-Fi networks
- Turn your charger off at the consumer unit and turn back on
- After a short period of time (up to 3 minutes), a Wi-Fi displaying the charger's serial number should appear in the available networks.
- Connect to this network. The default password is "12345678". You may receive a message saying, "Internet not available. Connect anyway" or something similar. Confirm this
- Return to the app
- Underneath Current connected WiFi, the charger's serial number should be shown. Click Next
- Please Update Wi-Fi name and Password in the settings page
- Update any Solar or Load management settings, if required
- Press Save
- The charger will now reboot and, if entered correctly, will shortly show as Available in the app
If you are still having trouble following our guide, then please get in touch by either starting a live chat with our team, submitting a ticket here or give us a call on 0333 733 0333. We'll be happy to help.