In this guide...
We'll show you how to set up your Project EV Charger via a LAN Connection.
Either watch the video or read our step by step instructions below.
Prefer written instructions? Use our step by step guide below if you need to.
- Power down the charger at the supply.
- Power up the charger (After 90 seconds this will begin to transmit it’s own WIFI Hotspot for a further 90 seconds).
- Sign into the Project EV app and press 'Add Device'.
- Scan the QR / barcode on the charger or Enter the serial number manually via the keyboard on your phone.
- Go back to the home screen where the charger should say 'unavailable'.
- Go to your phones WIFI settings and select the charger’s serial number displayed in your WIFI SSID available networks.
- Enter the default password of ‘12345678’.
- Once connected, return to the Project EV App.
- Ensure your serial number is displayed in the WIFI connected box on screen. Select ‘Connected, Next’.
- This will now display the settings / configurations menu.
- Scroll down to the IP Address & Gateway Address fields.
- Ensure the IP address is unique to the charger and that it is not currently in use by another other of the products in your property.
- Enter a unique IP address into the IP Address field.
- Now enter the gateway address, the field will ask for a password, which is set by default to 000000.
- Enter the gateway address and ensure the address is the same as your router.
- Press enter, then save at the top of the page.
- The charger will now reboot.
- Now you can insert your LAN cable into the port on the side of the charger.
- The charger will now show as available within your app.
If you are still having trouble following our guide, then please get in touch by either starting a live chat with our team, submitting a ticket here or give us a call on 0800 599 9582. We'll be happy to help.