In this guide...
We'll explain how to fit a 4G kit into your your Project EV Charger.
Use our step by step guide below:
- For Laptop Setup, follow steps 1-15 of How to commission your charger using a laptop . For App Setup, follow steps 1-14 of How to Commission a Project EV charger using the Project EV App (Installer)
- Set 4G APN details as per your SIM card provider instructions (If purchased a 4G kit with SIM card from Project EV, 4G APN should be iot.1nce.net
- Press Save or Set and Reboot
- After rebooting, safely isolate the unit
- Remove the side plate from the charger, where the serial number is located.
- Carefully remove the antenna clip from the Wi-Fi chip (Be careful not to break the clip)
- Remove the two screws at the bottom of the Wi-Fi chip (you will need these to fit the 4G chip)
- Once loose, carefully remove the Wi-Fi chip.
- Behind the 4G module is where the SIM Card is located.
- Carefully insert the SIM Card into the SIM tray.
- Connect the 4G chip and clip the antenna onto the chip on the pin marked "Main"
- Power the unit back up.
- Once power is restored, you will see 1 of 3 light sequences.
- Fast flashing light, indicates the unit is connected to a 4G Network. Slow Flashing light indicates the unit is connected to a 3G Network. Solid Light indicates the unit is searching for a network.
- Your charger should now show as Available on your app
If you are still having trouble following our guide, then please get in touch by either starting a live chat with our team, submitting a ticket here or give us a call on 0333 733 0333. We'll be happy to help.